Day 5 of Quit Smoking Challenge


Views:
BY
0 COMMENTS
I had chest pain this morning, but only for a few minutes. All of a sudden, the urge to smoke this morning was really strong. Fortunately, I did not have any e-cigarette around me, so I was able to delay and I'm not going to start buying a cigarette pack again.

How it feels really?
Well, when the urge comes, you have this ticklish feeling around your chest and I find by forcing myself to burp can help me to deal with this. And my head starts thinking about the wonderful taste of inhaling the cigarette and my mouth suddenly becomes dry. And in my head, it's all, "just one, just one, just one...".

This is why, I never really paid any attention to STOP SMOKING campaign before because a lot of people behind those campaigns were not smokers to begin with. Yes, they are affected by being passive smokers, but they don't understand the journey a smoker has to go through to stop. 

Personally, I prefer listening to others who had been smokers before and had successfully quit. You think the gruesome pictures the government put on the box works? I used to collect 'em all. It's not working. 

So yeah, that's all for the fifth day.


Footnote:
1. I have saved RM 50.00 to-date.
2. I have done a little bit of "research" on quit smoking withdrawal. Healthline.com provides a lot of interesting readings in their site, and I found this:
Nicotine dependence causes an addiction to tobacco products. If and when you try to quit, you may face any number of nicotine withdrawal symptoms. Most people who try to quit deal with at least one. These symptoms can include:
  1. fatigue
  2. headache
  3. dry mouth
  4. cough
  5. irritability
  6. depression
  7. strong cravings to smoke
  8. constipation
  9. anxiety

0 comments:

Post a Comment


A blog created by Unknown

This is a static content section widget. It is a handy way to show additional content at the widgetized page. The static content section widget outputs the contents of a selected static page. You can use as many instances of the static content section widget you wish, to create the ideal page structure.


About Me